Monday, May 7, 2012

Long Weekend

So I live in the country. I know that. I do. But because I go from my house to work and back during the day, the only way I can really tell is that there is only 110 kids at our 11 grade school.

And then I do something that reminds me I live in the country.

On Saturday, I drove 1.5 hours to a town with a cinema to see Battleship. And I'm glad it wasn't crap. It was quite good. Except the battleship bit with "C11" grid references. That was pretty lame.

And then I went to a grocery shop with more than 2 aisles! Great. :) I know it's all about shopping locally, but I need to have choice of more than one brand. And to know the meat hasn't been defrosted and refrozen. Or that the food I'm buying is in date.

Then I drove 1.5 hours home. It was a good day.

And when in Brisbane, if I have to drive more than 10 minutes, I won't do it.

The mind-set changes.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!
    You're lucky that you only have to drive 1.5 hours to a town with a cinema!!!! I wish!!!!

    But you're right, oh how the mindset changes!!

    ReplyDelete