Thursday, December 2, 2010

Next door

I just got off the phone with 000. Second time in my life I've called them. That time my Dad had some sort of gastro and was being a little girl (Sorry, Dad, I know it was freaking you out and you made the right call) This time, the next door neighbours were screaming and screaming and screaming.

Normally, I would've ignored it; after the screaming that our family did before the break up, I felt horrible doing it. But I felt I had to because of her screams. She wasn't screaming in anger - I've never heard someone screaming without words so terrified. I went up the front of the house and she was screaming, "Don't Hit Me!" He was screaming, "I love you too much to do that!"

So I called my sister who works in DV and asked whether I should call them. Her words were 'yes'.

So I did.

And the instant I got off the phone, he stalked off so now I look like an idiot.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel like an idiot. Always better that you called than didn't call.

    ReplyDelete