Sunday, April 17, 2011

2011 so far...

January.

  • I refused resolutions, only saying that on the 31st December 2011 I wanted to look back over the year and not regret anything.
  • I watched Channel 9 horrified for days on end, being selfish because I wanted to get out past the flooding to start my new job!
  • I got to the new job and met my boss when he arrived unannounced on my doorstep and I was still in my pyjamas at 1pm in the afternoon.
  • I met the new town at Australia Day celebrations and the 'donate to Condamine Bowls Day.'
  • Got conned into being the Touch Association's Secretary.
  • Started work and realised that small class sizes, while good through the research, are quite hard and nothing can be hidden when there are only 4 students in your class.
February
  • Joined the school band
  • Kept planning and getting unit plans on the school drive. Was horrified to find I am head of SOSE and Home Ec and that there were no plans left as the curriculum had to be changed after last year's bad report in the school audits. Have spoken to Head of Curriculum and we are going to 'wait' until the Australian Curriculum goes live for whole-scale change in SOSE. Was also head of LOTE until the Principal screwed up and removed that from my list and gave it to the peripitetic teacher out of the town 70 kms away. (who in a term of 12 weeks long, arrived 4 times!)
  • Drove home and back to W over one weekend. Very tiring.
  • Celebrated with friends at a baby shower on afore-mentioned long trip.
  • Also on that trip bought some clothes and have gone done a cup size in my bra area.
March
  • More school! It's never ending this term. Told students that if drafts were not handed in on time I would call parents. Did so for the entire grade (7 students) and was sworn at by the students because I 'fucking' called home!
  • Housemate and I decided we couldn't live together and she moved out. Not sad about this.
  • Tried on my jeans that I was given last year in June that I didn't fit. They're loose!
  • Going to Zumba three times a week for 40 minutes at a time. Totally illegally, but in a town of 350 people, how can we get an instructor? Beto just needs to suck it.
  • Two friends at home had babies. Don't know what to think about their names. They'll grow on me. Make a mental note to remember this feeling from when I have children.
  • Joined Apex
April
  • Entered students' work into the local show. The only one that won first prize (in the IT layout section) was the one I typed for said student. I can win a juvenile section!!!
  • Conducted the band at the show. Exciting and stressful.
  • School finally finishes for a term.
  • Drove back home.
So, there you have my year so far. I'm still sorry that I haven't kept more up to date. I will have to see whether the school computers will let me blog sometimes (the government's filter is rather random.)

I have spent today (the past 2.5 hours) reading blogs that I haven't read in 3 months. Catching up on gossip and peoples' lives. Am about to go and purchase food that is not extremely overpriced! $18 for 1/2 kilo of mince is criminal. But hey, I live in the middle of no where!

No comments:

Post a Comment