Saturday, April 23, 2011

Last day

It was my last full day in Brisbane today. I spent three quarters of the week wanting to be back in my own place - back in the good ol' W. Then the last few days I've been hanging out with the neph and his mumma and his pappadog. (Isn't it amazing that it is the boy who comes first now? I am totally enamoured and in love with this bubba. I don't think I can say it enough. If it's even only a tenth of how mothers love their babies, I am in awe of how much love there is in the world. And can't wait for mine!)

I could physically feel myself unwinding. Relaxing. Opening muscles out so that they weren't all tight and ouchy. I've only just gotten into the mood for my holidays and they are over. Well, I've got 2 more days - tomorrow and Tuesday. But tomorrow includes a 6 hour drive during 'double point' weekend. I will be well worried on the drive up. And then on Monday, it is ANZAC day. A day where we honour those who have served. Which is all well and good, but being in a tiny town (there are ~350 people in the town I live in) it's an expectation that we are all at the ceremonies. I don't actually mind - I'm glad that I am involved in the community and I can give a meaningful tribute to the men and women, blah blah blah - but I want the extra couple of days!

1 week is not enough. Oh well, 9 weeks until the next lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment