Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Wrap-up

On the first day of Christmas, I went to Sizzler's with my friends. I did have some good chat, and I was sooo full! So full. OMG! I know that we're not supposed to be materialistic, but I totally got the Dr Who Sonic Screwdrivers. Weee! The waitress even asked where I got them from. :)



On the second day of Christmas, it was Christmas Eve and I went to the traditional dinner at my Dad and Step-mother's. Lots of food and laughter (and extremely bad bad bad jokes, care of the crackers and my Dad!)  My Secret Santa forgot to bring my present. Stupid sister! lol.



On the third day of Christmas, I forgot my camera! I started the day at Mum's where Santa had come to us all. I totally got the Tupperware travel set. :) My sisters and one of their partners also came. We had breakfast together and then we all went our separate ways.

I went to my Aunt and Uncle's. Lasagne is my Christmas. Wierd, I know but it is... Caught up with cousins and their families, who I haven't seen since Christmas Day last year.

Lastly, I went to my friend's house and then Redcliffe Lagoon. Then they came back to mine and we played the Heroica boardgame for a bit. :)

On the fourth day of Christmas, I hung out with my Mother, both of my sisters and one of their partners. We gave presents, then went swimming and then had lunch. Mum and I then went and bought me a laptop. I paid Mum the loan I'd taken out from her in 2005 back!

Over the four days, I had a really great time. I usually feel disappointed after Christmas, but can never say why. I get so excited about it - buying people stuff, wrapping it, hanging out with friends and family. Nothing better! But something is normally missing. This year, it wasn't. Of course, I felt the usual guilt over Mum getting 3 hours because we had to start Christmas Eve at Dad's. I also felt a little stressed at the constant changing of place on Christmas Day, but I really had a good time. Not sure what wasn't missing, but it wasn't and I'm not going to worry about it.

I hope you all had a great time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment