Sunday, September 18, 2011

September October

We have holidays! Yay! Excellent. I totally need a break.

I know people who aren't or don't know teachers have their own opinions. Keep them to yourselves! It's like I'm not allowed to comment on peoples' mothering skills. (Except for on here, but it's my blog and I'll say it if I want to. If you don't like, you can read someone else!) I look after your child 6 hours per day and I earn these breaks. If you looked after up to 200 kids over a week for ten weeks, making sure their emotional, educational and health needs were met, you'd need a break every now and then too!

OK.

So, I'm back home for a fortnight and already stir crazy. Oh well... I'll pay my debt off and then I can go away for holidays! Not in a financial position for that atm.

I am trying to meet new bubs born in the last ten weeks (who all have normal names) but all the mums have demands that I am frustrated by and, because I don't understand I guess, don't particularly want to go out of my way to meet. I'm sure your little one is not going to die because you come out for three hours with him/her. But then again, I'm a non-procreator and as such have no rights to opinions on anything. I'm not really human am I?

4 comments:

  1. Hey! I had a baby in the last 10 weeks! Am I included that 'normal names' bunch? :P

    Just in support of mothers with newborns, my little one feeds every 2.5- 3 hours so unless I've got a stockpile of milk in the freezer and a baby who is agreeable to taking a bottle, it is difficult to get out without them in the early days. I got out last night for about five hours, but now it's going to take me 2 weeks to work back up to a stage where I can do it again. Sigh.

    But not having kids does not make you less human- pooey to those who say otherwise.

    And finally, WooHoo for holidays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you something: I am a procreator and I don't get most other mothers. When T was a baby, I went to a mothers' group and wanted to kill myself after 20 minutes. Who wants to sit around talking about the colour of the stuff that came out of their kid yesterday? Not me, that's for sure.

    You have your opinions and bugger everyone else. If you find new mothers unbearable (I do - they are worst!), you have every right to avoid them and they should understand if they are your friends: they should know you better than anyone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, yes, your son's name is normal!

    I know that asking someone to come out without their child is a logistical nightmare, and with a little less so. I get that, but I am asking for 8 hours a year to be with me, so am feeling frustrated at me having to go out of my way. I've driven a 12 hour round trip for baby showers and come home from Europe for a wedding for these women and 2-3 hours doing something for me is too hard. And really, honestly, it is only one woman - the rest are taking it in their stride and saying, 'yep, if my son is welcome' which of course he is. If you want to come to a tupperware party and meet new mothers etc, get in touch Ames.

    Kirby - good to hear someone else has little interest in following the all encompassing new baby talk... I don't mind mostly, but just sometimes it's frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. multiple 12 hour round trips for three hour baby showers.

    ReplyDelete