Sunday, April 8, 2012

Good things about this holiday

1. I have internet on my computer now.
2. I have spent lots of time with family and friends.
3. I've caught up on lots of sleep.
4. Have read and seen Hunger Games. My thoughts are yes! Don't walk, run and read and see it!!!!!


Hunger Games.

There have been many things written about this book and movie. I'm not sure what has been said, 'cause I haven't read any of it.

I really enjoyed it. It made me think. It made me wonder. It made me excited.

Excited. Really really excited.

And I have a new middle name for children.

My theory is this:

I love stories of rebels. People who stand up against the masses and aren't afraid. Or, actually, are petrified, but do it anyway. Now, these names are generally from stories and aren't names that you could actually use for children's first names. I know that' I'm not completely dumb. But I believe you can use them for middle names. Not having one, I'm not sure, but isn't everyone automatically kinda embarrassed by their middle names? I would love to pass the characteristics of these women (and yes, some men) to my children. And I think giving them names that embody everything I want for them is a good (well, at least, not a terrible idea).

So anyway, my list (of 2 that I can think off the top of my head - the proper list is on my other computer 6 hours away) is:

Girls

Elphaba
Katniss

There are more, but I really can't think of them at the moment. And it's not actually something I have to think about for a long time. Being, you know, single and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment