Saturday, January 15, 2011

Loss

We've all lost something. It may not have been a visceral loss; a partner, a parent, a child. It may only have been a treasured toy or pet (which, to a child could be counted as on the same scale.)

I've lost grandparents, parents of close friends and cousins. I was upset. I cried. I went to funerals and went to the wakes.

Nothing I felt compares to what Lori and Lulu have to be feeling.

With all the death and destruction in Brisbane, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Brazil and other places, it is the postings of these two women who have hit me. My body is drained and I feel like crying.

I think it was the anguish in the post of Lulu's experience in being called to her sister's side that got in under my skin.

I am eternally sorry for them and wishing them time and coping when they are ready.

I am thinking of you both.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, visiting from the FYBF kindly being hosted for Lori by Kristin again this wk...

    I agree with you and feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete