Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Parking and Teenagers

^^
Them. Them up above. They're why I HATE Chermside Shopping Centre.

Anyhooooo... on a less rage-filled note...

I have had total anxiety about any form of exercise for years. To the point that before I moved to England I was so scared to stand up from sitting that I didn't do it unless someone was in the room. I couldn't get to sleep 'cause I thought I might die during the night that my Mother had to sit with me (I was 26) until I fell asleep and I would often wake her up if I woke up. I moved to England to snap myself out of it. I'm still not totally OK, but I can live alone, walk up some stairs at school and generally stand for the 70 minute lessons.

But that's background information. Needed. You probably won't understand the momentousness of the next statement.

I can now participate in Just Dance 2 for 20 minutes straight and earn on average 250 'sweat points' per song. I am dripping by the end of it. And my left fingers are numb (a common manifestation of stress for me.)

I go straight to bed after doing it. Or at least lying down on the couch. I find if I sleep or get distracted by the TV I forget the immensity of the exercise (which I know doesn't sound that much, but I weight almost 150kgs, so it's a big deal to dance non-stop for 20 minutes, even if it's mostly my body and arms) and can get through the rest of the day.

I feel looser, am sleeping better and can breathe easier.

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! It all starts with small steps. I've read time and time again about people who loose massive amounts of weight, and it always begins with 'I started walking to my letterbox every day', and then two weeks later 'I walked to the corner store for a paper'. Stuff that seems simple in theory, but is a massive achievement. You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. And you know why? I've turned off the 'must lose weight' thoughts. I'm just doing it to feel healthier and be more positive. To lift some of the depression. And also to be less scared of my own shadow.

    By taking that 'it's for weight loss' thought away (even though it creeps back at times) I'm finding it so much easier.

    Also, having my resolution of 'to feel happy with the choices I've made' seems to be helping.

    :)

    ReplyDelete