Monday, January 4, 2010

The E.N.D.

is here. I no longer have work. I have no marking. I have no obligation to get up in the morning. I have no need to be yelled at all day. I am free!!!!!

... but am at a loss. I don't know what to do with myself. I don't know how to occupy my time other than television and the internet (and others' blogs - I've joined Blog This, and am searching for new blogs every day)

I went in today to return my stuff (all the whole snow made sure that I didn't get my goodbyes a fortnight ago...) And you know what? I cried. I said goodbye to some people and it was good. It was an end and it didn't matter. Then I got to a couple of other people and I teared up. I was sad that they were not going to be in my days anymore, but it's time to move on.

Then I said goodbye to my share teacher from when I started. I cried. I couldn't stop myself. A single tear; but still it was enough. This woman made my life in 2008 when I started at the school. She was my confidante, my go-to for advice, the other person who was living through the hell I was. We shared classes and even though I had an easier time of it that she did (at no point did any of my classes all start banging their books on the table... although she never had a chair thrown at her either)  by having someone there who was having just as hard a time as I was made it easier. She made it so that I didn't give up. I am eternally grateful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment